I talk a fair amount about creating and marketing digital products here on Hedgehog & Fox. I don’t do this purely from a theoretical or consultative perspective: digital products in the form of research reports are actually an important part of my own business over at Tagoras. So, I am happy to announce the publication of our newest report: Association Learning Management Systems.
You can get the full scoop on the Association Learning Management Systems report page on the Tagoras site, but I’ve included some of the key details below for readers here who may be interested.
Whether of not you want the full report, I recommend downloading the table of contents and sector overview. It’s got some good content in it. Here are a few of the key details on what the full report – which is more than 400 pages long – includes:
- An overview of LMS usage in the association sector
- An extensive set of guiding questions for LMS selection
- 29 tables that compare systems across a variety of areas
- In-depth vendor profiles based on 243 questions covering 28 different areas
- Brief reviews of each system based on answers to the questions and a demonstration session with each vendor
Companies included in the report are:
- Avilar WebMentor LMS
- Blackboard Learn
- Digitec Interactive Knowledge Direct
- GeoLearning GeoMaestro
- LearnSomething Isoph Blue
- LearnSomething LearnPro+
- Meridian KSI Meridian Global
- Peach New Media Freestone
- Results Direct EducationDirector
- WBT Systems TopClass
- Web Courseworks CourseStage
In case it is not immediately obvious, a report like this can save you a tremendous amount of time and money if you are planning to run a learning management system RFP selection process.
Update, March 2010: Individual LMS profiles from the Association Learning Management System report have now been released. See the Tagoras association learning management system profiles press release