As a speaker, I help businesses and organizations understand global trends that are revolutionizing the way we learn and how we engage with the world – as individuals, as organizations, and as societies. I tackle high-level concepts that span new media, technology, and the human mind while also providing practical, actionable insights into transforming relationships with customers and members. My speaking style is energetic, engaging, and laced with stories and examples from my many years as an entrepreneur, consultant, and educator.
Technically, I can speak on whatever makes the most sense for your organization. I customize every speech to align with your needs and can even do custom research – from surveying to interviewing to focus groups – beforehand to develop a truly “consultative” presentation. All of that said, here are some examples of what I frequently cover:
- Shift Ed: Transforming Education, Transforming Business
Drawing on his book, ShiftEd: A Call to Action for Transforming K-12 Education (Corwin, 2011), Jeff lays out a vision for how education needs to change and the impact that new approaches to learning will have on organizations of all types as we rocket forward in the 21st century.
- Maximum Bang, Minimum Bucks: Leveraging the Internet to Boost Your Brand and Blow the Doors Off Your Business
A perennial favorite, in this presentation Jeff gives the “lay of the land” for the new Web – Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blog – illustrates effective, low cost approaches to gaining new and repeat customers, and shares his “secret sauce” for dramatically growing your business on the Web.
- Start Making Sense: Managing Personal Knowledge and Learning in a High-Speed, Hyper-Connected, Info-Overloaded World!
Open your inbox, turn on your cell phone, and it’s there: information, information, and more information. In this presentation, Jeff helps audience members develop a different mindset and a new set of skills for taming information overload gaining a competitive edge with knowledge.
Recent & Upcoming Engagements
- Convening Leaders (PCMA)
- American Board of Nursing Specialties Annual Meeting
- Northeast CPE Conference
- AENC Tech 2012
Jeff spoke at our  annual meeting to over 70 representatives from national nursing specialty certification organizations. The evaluations from the group were overwhelmingly positive with Jeff’s session called out again and again for being excellent and valuable. I was impressed with Jeff’s strategy to speak to a number of representatives from our member organizations prior to the meeting. So rather than presenting a “canned speech,” Jeff provided our group with practical, real world content that specifically addressed their range of experiences. I know we all left Jeff’s session with pages of notes filled with suggestions to take back to implement in our organizations.
Melissa Biel, DPA, RN
American Board of Nursing Specialties
Examples of Past Venues
- Alliance for Nonprofit Management Annual Conference
- American Library Association Midwinter Conference
- American Society of Association Executives Annual Meeting (Multiple)
- American Society of Association Executives Great Ideas Conference (Multiple)
- American Society of Association ExecutivesTechnology Conference (Multiple)
- Association Executives of North Carolina Annual Technology Showcase (Multiple)
- Association New Media Summit
- Avectra Annual Users and Developers Conference
- Blackboard Association Day
- CommPartners Spark Idea Series
- Council of State Home Care and Hospice Associations, Annual Meeting
- e-Higher Education: A Summit for Senior Executives
- Empire Society of Association Executives, Annual Conference & Expo (Multiple)
- Executive MBA Council Annual Meeting
- Georgia Society of Association Executive, Annual Meeting
- Graduate Management Admissions Council Annual Meeting
- Harrisburg University: 2011 Social Media Summit
- Home Care Alliance of Massachusetts, Spring Conference
- International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE) Mid Year and Expo!Expo!
- International Association for Management Education Annual Meeting (AACSB)
- LERN Annual Conference
- Medbiquitous Annual Meeting
- N-TEN National Technology Conference
- National Speakers Association, Carolina Chapter
- NC Association of Medical Equipment Services
- NCTech4Good Conference
- Professional Engineers of North Carolina, Annual Meeting
- Professional Insurance Agents of New York Webinar
- RTPnet 5th Annual Conference
- South Carolina Society of Association Executives Annual Meeting
- South Carolina Society of Association Executives Technology Seminar
- SmartGrowth Canada Network Conference
- UNC- Chapel Hill: Leadership Development in the Virtual Age
- Vistage International
If you represent a company, association, or nonprofit organization looking for a keynote or breakout speaker for your next conference, meeting or other event, please contact me to discuss it.